One word of caution IF you pray this:
- getting rid of FEAR will cause you to have to trust the Lord for “hidden things”. Whether you’re afraid of being controlled and desire to rise up against those who seem to oppress you...or you don’t know where your next meal is going to come from, you are going to have to tell the Lord that you trust in HIM “no matter what”!
Trust is a scary thing but we can get as much assurance from the Lord as we need to trust Him...if we only ask. The more you trust Him, the more the Lord will show up, the more you will see His love for you and with that comes His strength, power, mercy and grace.. FEAR will come less and less.
"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10)There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
One word of caution IF you DO NOT pray this:
- Fear causes us to make decisions out of panic and confusion. If you don’t bind the spirit of fear and panic, you will make more destructive mistakes. You will do terrible things that will worsen the situation. Then, the weapon of of the enemy / Satan, will catch you off guard and before you know it, you will be in much deeper emotional distress, aside from financial, physical.
• ANGER comes out of FEAR, so explore all areas for the enemy’s lies. Be clear about the what is causing you FEAR. (what are you afraid of? This may take some time in prayer but if you ask the Lord, He will show you where the enemy has built an “encampment” so that you can call the Lord’s blood and name over it and “close the doors”.
• When finished with the “Power Tool” below, make sure that your heart is in restoration so if you were short, unkind, irritated, etc, towards someone else, humble yourself and go to them seeking reconciliation.
• Go through the “Pain Words” to see if there is anything else lurking in the situation you are concerned about. Walk through the steps at the bottom of the page. (see Pain Words)